Rope Bridge Kit
Relying on the immense stability of Dyneema® fibre, this rope bridge kit significantly increases safety and ease of use.
- As strong as or stronger than steel cable
- Light in weight (Dyneema® fibre is generally 7 times lighter than steel cable of the same diameter)
- Clean and soft on the hands, unlike steel cable which is often covered in grease and steel barbs aka fish-hooks
- Rope Bridges
- Rigging lines
- Pulling and stringing line
- Arborist applications
BB6K is EASY
- Easy on the back: Super lightweight – Only 6 lbs. for the two rope kit!
- Easy to transport: Extremely compact – 125 foot line fits into small throw bag
- Easy on the wallet: BridgeBuilder6000™ pricing is on par with store bought materials, but you get all of the additional benefits of Dyneema® fibre!
|Product Comparison||Break Strength (lbs.)||Total Cost of Materials*||Weight of Ropes (lbs.)||Benefits|
|Manilla 3/4″ – 3 rope construction||4,800||$215||31||•||•||•||•||•|
|Nylon 1/2″ 8 strand – 3 rope construction||6,400||$237||16||••||•••||•••||•||•|
|Nylon 1/2″ 3 strand – 3 rope construction||5,700||$212||16||••||••||••||•||•|
|BridgeBuilder6000™ – 2 rope bridge kit||6,000||$214||6||•••||•••||•••||•••||•••|
|* Material costs include costs for materials other than just the rope required for set up. (priced out at the time the original article was written.)|
The Story behind BridgeBuilder6000™
This product was inspired by a scout leader who saw an opportunity to drastically improve the fun and safety of his troops bridge building activity by applying one of today’s most advanced fibers, Dyneema®. Traditional nylon rope bridges were the standard for many years however the fibers elastic properties made crossing the rope extremely challenging as well as more dangerous in the event of a fall (whiplash). Dyneema® fiber’s super low stretch and super high strength allow for a significantly more stable crossing line while being smaller and lighter than the alternatives. Due to the super low stretch, the time required to tension the rope is greatly reduced (approximately 30 minutes to install) which means your troop can spend more time having fun and less time setting up.
- Super light weight – Only 6 lbs. for the two rope kit!
- Extremely compact – 125 foot line fits into small throw bag
- High strength / low size – Only 9/32″ diameter providing a spliced break strength of 6000 lbs.!
- Increased stability = increased safety
- Significantly shortened set up time (less tensioning) – more fun time for your troops!
- Great team building activity – gives a chance for older scouts to demonstrate leadership
- Utilize the E.D.G.E. method of training! – Explain, Demonstrate, Guide and Enable.
- Price of the BridgeBuilder6000™ is on par with store bought materials but offers all these benefits!
BridgeBuilder6000™ will change the way you build rope bridges!
View the videos and you will see what an amazing product this is. Get one for your scout troop, get one for your cottage or get one to set up at home!
This product is available direct from Atlantic Braids Ltd. Contact us for pricing and other questions.
For information on rope safety, read our Brief Note on Rope Usage & Safety.