Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on production equipment and facility including all preventative maintenance. All work is done in compliance with ISO and follows all health and safety regulations. Work orders are dealt with promptly to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is performed as per the maintenance schedule.
- Assist in repairs and maintenance of equipment and building.
- Ensure proper fulfillment of work orders in maintenance program
- Perform tasks in a safe and proper manner.
- Request required parts when needed.
- Report any and/or all issues when noticed.
- Assist with production when required.
- Support a “team” environment and look to help others in need.
- Keep a clean workspace.
- Adhere to health and safety protocol.
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by upper management.
- Set an example for all employees by communicating with respect, being on time, following company policies, following ISO and demonstrating the values of Atlantic Braids.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or greater required
- 2+ years of maintenance experience
- Must be able to read schematics and/or CAD drawings
- Experience in automation controls, machining, or hydraulics an asset
- Physically capable of lifting 50 lbs. unassisted
- Experienced in operating a variety of equipment including forklift, power tools, large equipment etc.
- ISO experience an asset
- Autonomous – works well with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer savvy
- Methodical – strong attention to detail and resolution to solve complex problems
Number of Available Positions: 1