Custom Rope Design & Manufacturing
Engineering and manufacturing rope specifically designed for your application.
Here are some of the product options and services that we provide…
- Custom braiding/patterns
- A variety of finish/colour coatings and coloured yarn
- A variety of synthetic fibres
- Custom “cut to length” options
- Various forms of chafe protection
- Custom splicing including full assemblies
- Pre-stretching up to 30,000lbs
- Break testing
- A variety of packaging options
- Distributor product training
We work with you to create cordage specifically designed, manufactured and tested for quality and end-user application performance.
Product Testing Facility
With our own in-house horizontal tensile strength test-bed, we know what we sell and how it performs.
If you have cordage that you need to put to the test, we can help. We are currently licensed and capable of break-testing rope up to a load of 250,000 lbs.
Our team of expert craftspeople can provide splicing and stitching to your specifications.
In addition we offer polyurethane coating, wear pads, thimbles, hooks, shrink tubes, tags and caps to have your custom rope ready for use the day you receive it.
Splicing Instructions for the do-it-yourselfers
Follow these instructions to correctly splice and stitch the ABL way.
We also supply top-notch Selma fid sets for splicing ropes ranging in diameter from 3/16” (4.8mm) to 3/4” (19.1mm).