Jerk-It™ K.E.R.R. Line (Kinetic Energy Recovery Rope)
Jerk-It™ line is a custom in-house spliced double braid manufactured from 100% nylon yarn. K.E.R.R. Lines use the kinetic properties of nylon to “sling-shot” objects free from mud, sand or snow. Available in a variety of colours, this line is a must have for any recreational off-roader as well as the professional dealing with heavy machinery which has become stuck.
Our DBN meets military specification (40-GP 16M Type 1).
- High strength
- Controlled stretch
- Abrasion resistant
- Excellent shock absorption
- Yellow ID tracer
- K.E.R.R. line
- Tow lines
- General utility
|wt LB/100FT||wt KG/100M||Avg. Tensile LBS||Avg. Tensile KG|
|Technical specifications subject to change without notice.|
|Other sizes available upon request, certain sizes may require minimum order quantities.|
|For information on rope safety, read our Brief Note on Rope Usage & Safety.|
Use common sense and ALWAYS KEEP SAFETY THE TOP PRIORITY and ensure your application is verified for proper sizing prior to use. Remember knots in a rope or the use of a nylon rope while it is wet will have a negative impact on the rope’s strength.
• Avoid abrasive surfaces and any sharp edges.
• Use shackles of an appropriate strength for the rope and consider switching to soft shackles for increased safety.
• Always check the splice before and during attachment to each vehicle.
• Test before use. Try light pulls to test attachment before pulling at maximum force.
• Keep spectators out of the tow zone.
• A Bowline knot is recommended if the rope must be knotted. This will undo most easily after use.
*A knot can reduce a rope’s strength by as much as half.*